Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are hairdressers patronizing me when they tell me I'm pretty?

I just feel like they kinda say it to anyone.Are hairdressers patronizing me when they tell me I'm pretty?
lol





They say it to anyone who is average and above. if you are ugly then they just say u have gorgeous hair





they do it for the tip.Are hairdressers patronizing me when they tell me I'm pretty?
Well, maybe (but probably) yes and maybe no. After all you are the patron ';patronizing'; them. Why should they not ';patronize'; you so that you will ';patronize'; them again in return. Also, it is a formal part of their job believe it or not. Many businesses require this of their employees and even hire on the basis of their outgoing and gregarious personalities. One of our large grocery chain stores here requires that all of their cashiers smile, say, ';Thank you Mr. %26amp;^%$#*%26amp; for you patronage, did you find everything that you need, do you need help out?'; They get you name from looking at your credit card. It is a big deal for management if they forget, act sullen or appear to have an attitude. This is just one of the many ways that businesses create customer loyalty - even if the customer has to pay more they will come back for that kind of friendly service.





It is not totally dishonest. Every person is beautiful in their own way. It is all in the eye of the beholder and what is in their heart, spirit and mind. Enjoy the compliment. Many of you girls and women deserve more and never get any or enough of what you deserve because of the attitude in our culture and society. E.g., coming from a man it may be considered sexist or trying to hit on the female, especially if it is and older man who has the experience and wisdom to know.


I believe that you are pretty. Enjoy. :)
Well it depends, if you have a nice face and you are hiding it with a thick fringe for example, the hairdresser will mention that you shouldn't hide it





Some are patronising but don't take it to heart.


Being nice goes with the job, if they are rude then people will complain about them
They prolly just want good tips. I would give them nothing as a tip, then they probably won't mess with saying that anymore.
they either say that you're pretty or that they can 'help you'
They really do. They also say stuff like ';I love your hair'; it's so you'll think they are nice and you come back
They butter people up for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment