Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hairdressers prices for men and women?

I've been looking on the internet for a new hairdressers and was shocked to find that a lot of places charge different prices for men and women.





I'm a woman but have really short hair, even shorter than a lot of men. So I don't understand why I should have to pay extra just for being female.





Is this not blatant sexism? Does anyone else think this is unfair or can anyone give me a valid reason why I should pay extra?Hairdressers prices for men and women?
I have my own salon and I totally agree with you, also my hair sounds as short as yours,and for someone like this I would charge a max of 拢6 that is to cut it or trim it and finger dry


and seeing I have been London trained in cutting techniques your cut would be good,there is no reason at all for salons to charge ridiculous prices for a female with short hair, and the chances are you would end up with a junior stylist and charge a full price, I have spoken to many many females about this


and they agree its a rip off, a lot of salons will also want to shampoo your hair as well to bring the price up, when you can do it just dampening it down, I know a lot of short haired females now use a unisex barbers as the price is cheaper no waiting and the cut is good, they is no valid reason at all


and my own salon charging you 拢6 i would still make at least 拢3 profit, but not only that if you where satisfied you would come back again and again, pity you don't live in Cornwall


as you could come to me, I have heard prices of 拢20 + totally ridiculous, one of the best questions I have seen for ages


females like yourself should not be ripped of


maryHairdressers prices for men and women?
If I were you, and you did not require a blow-dry, I'd talk to the MANAGER before making an appointment to see if they would make an exception because of how you do your hair.





In most cases womens' hair requires more styling = more work, more time, more expertise. That's why more is charged. If I had a REGULAR client (not someone who was just a one-time thing) I'd seriously consider your request.
i find it irritating how i have to pay like between 拢30 - 拢50 to have my hair done or 拢80 if i want it cutting and colouring!!





i think its stupid if you want something different they can charge you for a ';restyle';





i got charged an extra 拢10 once because i wanted my hair straightening!!!!!





my boyfriend pays no more than 拢7 for his hair cut!!





and its daft!
Yes it is quite annoying! I suggest going to professional salon academies: Toni %26amp; Guy, Saks, Tigi.... They will do your hair for free, no matter what you want: a cut, a colour, highlights, etc. Everything's free! The best part is that you will leave with truly beautiful salon hair and with the latest haircut which won't leave your pockets empty.
as a Mobile hair dresser i must say that even i am surprised at the prices and the price difference between men and woman i don't have a set price it have a prices for short hair and one for long hair if your hair is that short when you ring to make an appointment i would explain to them you hair length and what you want and most places should charge accordingly i hope that you find some were that will not rip your eyes out
I own a salon in Derbyshire, and we charge exactly the same for women, men %26amp; children.


We only charge extra for longer hair, but it is the same surcharge for everybody with long hair.


Talking to other salon owners and clients, sometimes it is percieved that if the price is low, so is the service standard. In our salon every stylist is NVQ level 3 and we only charge 拢9.50 for a cut (even though the locals think it's expensive)


My advice is discuss the price with the salon manager and get them to explain to you how they justify charging you double just because your female when other salon's dont!(and watch them squirm)
stupid innit?? can't believe how much they try and charge for a woman's cut now, I go to trainee nights now at places like my local college where they will do most treatments for 拢5-拢10 tops.
Hi maybe your reason is why im beginning to see more ladies in barbershops getting haircuts especially if they have short hair. There a more female barbers around now too maybe you should try a barbers first you might just love it. your right though women are being ripped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment