Friday, August 6, 2010

Hairdressers i am frustrated with my school?

I am so frustrated with my school and this is not something new. At my school my instructor never teaches us anything. We spend lots of time just sitting around doing nothing ...her 15 minute breaks turn into hour and half long breaks.....if you ask her a question she takes the instrument and does it for you. I am tired of this day in and day out. Tomorrow i want to tell the owner i no longer want to go to his school. I know their are plenty of other schools i could go to that are more professional.....help me to understand is this the norm in hair schools? I am not learning anything..i even had to buy my own mannequin just so i could practice. Should i tell the owner the reason i choose not to go to his school anymore? I am so upset and so frustrated...tonight was the last straw when my book was stolen and my teacher suddenly appeared with a new book that didn't have the name of the school written in it. I could tell by looking in her eyes that she had something to hide. ?Hairdressers i am frustrated with my school?
Schools are unfortunately really only designed to get you to pass your state board exam. That is it. If you go to a specific school such as a Toni %26amp; Guy you will learn slightly more advanced techniques- but the basics are all the same. Unfortunately many people who teach are really not into it or do not even have a good practical experience.





All schools require that you purchase your kit. That would include all of your supplies such as a mannequin, text etc. That is totally normal. Sadly what is also normal is theft and uneducated people in school. If you are that uncomfortable then I suggest you move to another school. Don't expect a miracle. Beauty school is a bummer no matter where it is. You will be free to pursue your dreams after you have your license.





On a personal level I can relate to your situation. I went to beauty school after college and from a well-to-do-family. My mother was an incrediably gifted stylist. People hated me, they made fun of me everyday. I won a state competetion for both men's and woman's while still in school which even made the situation worse. I just didn't listen and got through it. Now over 14 years later I have mulitple awards and honors under me and have been all over the world. This is only temporary. I know school seems like everything right now, but you will forget all of this once you are out.Hairdressers i am frustrated with my school?
Yes you should tell the owner why you do not want to go to his school. You don't say who is paying for you to attend, but whether it is you or a program, SOMEONE is paying for it and it can't be cheap. In addition, the owner is paying the instructor to teach you and he is not getting what he is paying for from the sound of it. I work at a tech school where there is a course for hairdressers and the instructors do not do things like yours is doing.
lord, I so understand this. Your question took me back to beauty school.


I'm a educator, I work for a awesome hairline company.


I'm going to go with a totally different approach. You want to be a stylist right ? Just how bad do you want it ? Believe me school will just become a memory. Are you really going to let this instructor get the best of you ? Come on, don't like this unpaid horrible instructor get the best of you. Think about your future, think about what you want to become and make it happen. School is just to get through state board so you pass your test.


Don't become a beauty school drop out !!


You can do this !!!


Talk to the owner, but also remember the owner is probably going to side with instructor.


Remember why you started beauty school in the first place.


Hang in there !!!
I would talk to the owner. If your gut tells you that she took it then she took it. If I were you I'd start looking into other schools. I'm planning on going to school to do hair once I finish my degree. I want to learn just like you do. Your instructor isn't teaching you. She's not even putting in any effort. Talk the owner and just be honest and professional. If feel your gut is letting you know what's going on. So do what you gotta do because nobody's looking out for you. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment